The BPMA work in partnership with the UKTI to support the UK Promotional Merchandise Industry in export.
Exporting needn’t be difficult. It doesn’t matter which country you’re looking at, or what stage your business is at, UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) can help you.
On average, companies earn £100k in additional sales within 18 months of working with UKTI. If you want your business to grow internationally, with UK government’s global support, tap into UKTI’s expertise available to you.
UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) staff provide expert international trade advice and practical support to UK-based companies who want to grow their business overseas and provide a wide range of services to help businesses begin or expand their export business growth.
You can access the key basics of exporting and gain information on the benefits of exporting for UK companies and sources of advice, best practice and help in the following link: https://www.gov.uk/basics-of-exporting
Support & Services available:
If your company is looking to or is already exporting then the trade services offered by UKTI may be of use to you. A full list of services can be found in the following link https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/uk-trade-and-investment-services-for-exporters#first-time-exporters-ftes
Tradeshow Access Programme (TAP)
The Tradeshow Access Programme provides funding in the form of grants for eligible businesses to attend overseas trade shows. The funding helps your business gain:
- market knowledge
- experience in attending and getting the most from overseas trade shows
- advice and support from trade experts
It is through the TAP that the BPMA have distributed over 60 grants through the UKTI to its exporting suppliers who have exhibited at the PSI Trade Show, Dusseldorf.
UKTI can offer grants to eligible businesses taking part in the programme. The grants must be matched by the business’s own expenditure on direct exhibiting costs, for example:
- exhibition space costs
- stand costs - including design, construction and stand dressing
- In some cases grants may also be agreed to match against direct conference costs where the purpose of attending is to promote the business, for example:
- conference fees
- cost of preparing conference promotional material
Click on the following link for more details on the Tradeshow Access Programme https://www.gov.uk/tradeshow-access-programme
Talk To A UKTI Export Adviser
UKTI statistics show that on average, companies earn £100k in additional sales within 18 months of working with UKTI, and the advice given by their trade experts is FREE.
If you want your business to grow internationally, with UK government’s global support, tap into their expertise right now.
Click the following link to talk to a UKTI Export Advisor
The UKTI Webinar service runs hundreds of free hour long internet events covering topics, sectors and countries around the world, helping you shape your export plan. These events allow you to interact with the experts in specific sectors and countries and allow you to ask questions to enhance your knowledge.
To see upcoming UKTI Webinars, please visit: http://www.events.ukti.gov.uk/ and search for webinars.
Open to Export
Open to Export is UKTI’s free, online advice service for UK companies looking to grow internationally. It offers free information and support on anything to do with exporting and hosts online discussions via its forum, webinars and social media where businesses can ask any export question, and learn from each other.
Open to Export can be accessed at: http://www.opentoexport.com/
Export Communications Review
An Export Communications Review (ECR) will help you develop an international communications strategy. This can help your business overcome language and cultural barriers such as:
- poor sales because your promotional literature or website does not take account of cultural differences
- contracts exposing your company to commercial risks if they have not been professionally translated
- orders not being processed if they are in a language your company has no skills in
How the service works
Your company will be assigned an accredited Export Communications Consultant. The consultant will then consider your company’s written, spoken, and digital communications with your export markets, and agree to focus the review upon a certain market or upon certain export activities such as:
- press releases, promotional materials, catalogues and packaging
- technical documentation and manuals
- preparation for presentations and trade shows
- relationships with agents and distributors
- international sales and invoicing processes
- handling foreign phone calls and emails
- training, recruitment and working with export staff
- your web and social media strategy
- promotion of the website in overseas markets
- selling online
Once the review has taken place, you’ll receive a tailored report and action plan with recommendations. It will include:
- a table of strengths and weaknesses of your current communications against international best practice - including written, telephone, face-to-face and electronic communications
- information about identifying possible third party suppliers and relative costs to implement the recommendations
- ‘how to’ guides with more detailed advice on implementing recommendations
There is a small cost for this service.
For more information and to find out how to apply click https://www.gov.uk/export-communications-review
The UKTI can help you discover new business opportunities within the Giftware, Jewellery & tableware sector, the industry sector that the Promotional Merchandise industry sits. UKTI business opportunities portal can help you find overseas contracts, tenders & projects.
The UKTI Events Portal provides a single calendar view of all UKTI Events and Missions, and has been developed to provide companies with more detailed information on each event in order to help them decide on the most appropriate event to attend. The calendar can be filtered and searched by sector and/or market.
There are also detailed events websites which include more information about the event and also allow users’ to register for an event.